Looking for a GPS-guided interpretive experience off the beaten track? One that keeps track of a user’s location, trails, huts and platforms, all while educating them about all the unique natural treasures that surround them? Discover Nature – Wilderness does all that, while preserving a smartphone’s battery for multi-day adventures. And high-resolution maps ensure that users enjoy detailed orientation, even when there’s no cell signal.
Combined with the many other iconic Discover Nature features and functionalities, Discover Nature – W is a great way to orient and educate visitors who venture out into the wilderness!
Here’s a full list of the innovative features you’ll find inside Discover Nature’s Wilderness platform:
- Virtual signs that include text and photographs orient users and help them learn about a conservation area’s trails, cabins, platforms and hazards, while educating them about an area’s wildlife, habitat and history.
- “About” pages provide detailed information relating to a site’s background, wildlife, plants and habitat, safety, viewing tips, conservation strategies and hours and contact details.
- Users can post GPS-tagged sightings and photos, allowing them to share up-to-the-moment information on what they’re seeing and where.
- Fun Facts capture superlative information about a site, it’s wildlife and history.
- The “Nationwide Sightings” feed lets users share their sightings with all other Discover Nature App users, regardless of their location.
- A “My Passport” section stores a user’s game scores and sightings, while retaining their bird list.
- The “Local Resources” section allows clients to highlight available lodging, restaurants, services, partners and other local service providers.